Rare North Korean Passport Stamp

North Korean Stamps in American Passport

Extremely rare North Korean stamps in my passport. Americans, as well as most tourists, get their stamps on an external visa which they don’t get to keep. This is for the land crossing at Namyang\Tumen border and may be a first ever event.

7 responses

1. I hope you got it on the way out, if you get taken in on trumped-up charges to sit in a NK jail until they can use you as a barganing chip, don’t say you weren’t warned

May 2, 2013 at 7:17 am

2. reaganitegoper

Hope you got it on the way out, but if not and they bring you in on false charges for later use as a bargaining chip, don’t way you weren’t warned…

May 2, 2013 at 7:19 am

3. reaganitegoper

Great, they can do what they wish with you then, why should we shed a tear. I’d LOVE to see N Korea- but this is hardly the time for any sensible American to be over there, although I’m sure you’d love the attention.

May 2, 2013 at 7:20 am

• This non sensible American made it out of Rason just fine – guess they didn’t want to use me as a bargaining chip, which is too bad, would have LOVED the attention.

BTW, hey are not using Kennith Bae as a bargaining chip, they tried him due to his illigal activities.

May 12, 2013 at 7:40 am

4. I don’t bring in and disseminate illegal material and religious documents – they treat legitimate tourists who are interested in their culture as friends, not as bargaining chips.
    I have been going there for there years and work for a legitimate tour company – hardly seeing attention, will leave that to the BBC and the crap they sensationalized from Pyongyang, I’m just sharing pics of the people and the experiences my tour company delivers.

This is the DPRK as I see it http://instagram.com/josephferrisiii

Again thanks for your concern for my safety, but I was in country two days ago.

May 2, 2013 at 7:28 am

5. Rock8

Good catch on that entry/exit stamp! Almost makes you want to get a new passport so you can tuck that one away for safekeeping, huh? Hope it expires soon. Stay safe!

May 4, 2013 at 12:00 pm