Feedback Time!

What has this blog taught you about North Korea?

Insights?  Shattered misconceptions?  Please leave a comment – thanks!

Pyongyang Children

Children at the Pyongyang Zoo – photo by Joseph A Ferris III

About these ads

13 responses

1. You did a great job in capturing the expressions.

August 26, 2013 at 2:52 am

• Thanks – but in a way thats my photography skills, but will take it you learned that North Koreans have emotions, smile, laugh, and enjoy life like the rest of us.

August 26, 2013 at 2:56 am

• In my travels around the world the people are in the vast majority human and friendly. It is the government of those countries that tend to be the problem. It is obvious that you too have found this so.

August 26, 2013 at 3:00 am

2. Yes, overwhelmingly so – thanks!

August 26, 2013 at 3:04 am

3. It has given me a chance to see personal glimpses of a far away place. I have heard stories from a friend who has been there, but you have given me imagery to add to that! Thanks.
    ~~~~~Felicia

August 26, 2013 at 3:42 am

4. Gavin

Great timing. I just got back from North Korea. I read your blog very closely in the lead up and got an excellent sense for Pyongyang and North Korea in general.

August 26, 2013 at 10:31 am

5. Your insight and photos of PEOPLE, especially children truly convey that people the world over are the same! I once sailed with a guy who was born in Ismalia on the Suez Canal of Greek Parents. Father worked for a British cotton ginning company. Attended English school in Ismalia, played in the streets with the Egyptian kids. Spoke Greek, Arabic, English, Italian and French as he played and schooled with all nationalities. He once remarked that until the teenage years they never even realized any differences and that certainly is expressed in the faces of the youngsters you photograph. Children are the same all the World over!

August 26, 2013 at 12:28 pm

6. It’s interesting to see another face of North Korea and not just the empty streets and hungry looking people you usually see in the media; the normal daily life, the factories, the schools… It made me realize how one-sidedly I was looking at the DPRK until now, how little of this country I have really seen and how much it changed in the recent years.

August 26, 2013 at 7:25 pm

7. You have helped teach me that there is a North Korea beyond the headlines and the bombastic personalities. Your photography has helped declaw my image of this country and recognize the beauty of its people.

August 26, 2013 at 11:23 pm

8. Lyndon

Hi there. I really enjoy getting your emails and updates on North Korea. Would love to travel there and visit. Whilst I dont agree with the politics of the place, would still love to visit and meet the real North Koreans…..Thanks and keep up the good work..

August 29, 2013 at 5:37 pm

9. Mildred Roesch

I returned from two tours to North Korea in August with YPT and had a fabulous adventure – certainly not a ‘vacation’ but a once-in-a-life-time experience!

If one thrives on the negativity and harshness of North Korea as most of the video’s and written books have done, it is certainly there. However, if one looks for the half-full and positive aspects (as you have done with the happy children), it is definitely present and up lifting! Thanks.

September 18, 2013 at 6:41 pm

10. it showed me a face of north korea i didn’t see on our media ( germany )

i really enjoy everytime i visit your site and see something new has been uploadet :D

so basically yeah…greetings from germany and keep on doing ur thing :D

February 25, 2014 at 1:17 pm